These are the best vegan chocolate chip cookies you’ll ever make!! Chewy edges and soft, molten middles studded with melty chocolate chips. Easy to make with ingredients you probably already have, absolutely no one will know these cookies are vegan, no dairy and no eggs thanks to our secret and simple ingredient!
- 1 3/4 cup (230 g) all purpose flour or gluten free 1:1 baking flour , sifted and spoon & leveled*
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup (170 g) unsalted vegan butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100 g) organic granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (150 g) light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (85 g) dairy free yogurt or unsweetened applesauce, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (170 g) vegan chocolate chips*
- Prep: Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, and measure out all ingredients.
- Whisk: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Set aside.
- Make the dough: In a large bowl, whisk together the vegan butter, sugar, brown sugar, dairy free yogurt, and vanilla. Then add in the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Use a rubber spatula to fold together. Stop just before all of the flour is mixed in.
- Add in the chocolate chips: Fold in chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Chill: Chill the dough for 20-30 minutes. While the dough is chilling, preheat the oven to 350F.
- Bake: Using a cookie scoop, and roll about 1.5 tablespoons of dough per cookie for regular sized cookies, or 3 tablespoons of dough for large cookies onto the sheet. Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes (my oven, I bake them exactly 11 minutes each time for large cookies) or until the edges are lightly golden and are “set.” The middles shouldn’t be dough-y looking, but if they’re still soft, that’s perfectly fine.
- Cool: Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. This allows the cookies to firm up to hold together.
- Enjoy: Sprinkle with extra sea salt and enjoy! Store these cookies at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 4 days, a week in the fridge, or a month in the freezer.
Gluten free: I really only recommend using King Arthur Measure-for-Measure Gluten Free Flour or a similar blend with xanthan gum that also weighs 125 g per cup. Please note that Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 GF Flour will NOT work here.
Baking times: baking times will vary based on your kitchen and oven temperatures. Be sure to watch your cookies and bake according to your own oven. Here is an excellent post on how to tell if cookies are undercooked, done, or overcooked.
Refined sugar free: swap in coconut sugar for both the sugar and the brown sugar.
Vegan Chocolate Chips: I recommend Pascha Chocolate. They are my favorite vegan chocolate chip brand, and have a variety of chips: both stevia-sweetened, regular sugar, and 100%!
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 167
- Sugar: 18.3 g
- Sodium: 160.7 mg
- Fat: 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.9 g
- Fiber: 1.2 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan chocolate chip cookies, best vegan chocolate chip cookies ever, vegan cookie recipe, vegan gluten free chocolate chip cookies