These super moist small batch chocolate cupcakes are the perfect size cupcakes for two people! Gluten free and dairy free, these secretly vegan chocolate cupcakes so easy, just one bowl, and perfect for Valentine’s Day, small birthday celebrations, or whenever you want a cupcake!
- 1/4 cups oat flour (store bought or homemade) or cake flour
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp unsweetened dairy free milk, room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce, room temperature
- 2 tbsp vegan butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 batch of your favorite vegan chocolate buttercream
- Preheat the oven to 350F and place two cupcake liners in the middle two slots of the cupcake tin.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oat flour, coconut sugar, cacao powder, and baking powder.
- Add in the dairy free milk, applesauce, and vegan butter. Mix until there are no dry streaks left.
- Divide the batter into the two cupcake liners, filling them nearly to the top. You might have leftover batter- you can make a mini cupcake with them!
- Place the cupcake tin into the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cupcakes to cool in their tin for 10 minutes. Then transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely before frosting.
- When ready to frost, use your favorite vegan buttercream and top with sprinkles. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake without frosting
- Calories: 252
- Sugar: 18.1 g
- Sodium: 237.6 mg
- Fat: 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 34.1 g
- Fiber: 4.4 g
- Protein: 4.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: small batch cupcakes, small batch chocolate cupcakes, vegan cupcakes, cupcakes for two, vegan cupcake recipe, gluten free vegan cupcakes