These moist and fluffy small batch chocolate cupcakes make just two cupcakes for you and someone you love! So easy to make in just one bowl and naturally gluten free, no eggs, and no dairy! Topped with a lush dairy free chocolate sour cream buttercream!
Small Batch Chocolate Cupcakes:
- 1/4 cup (38 g) gluten free flour (I used King Arthur Measure for Measure) or all purpose flour or oat flour (use the gram measurements)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) unsweetened dairy free milk, room temperature
- 2 tbsp Forager Project cashew milk yogurt, room temperature
- 2 tbsp vegan butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
Vegan Chocolate Sour Cream Buttercream:
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ cup unsalted vegan butter, room temperature
- 3 tbsp Forager Project Sour Cream
- 1 cup vegan powdered sugar
- Optional: vegan sprinkles for to top
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350F, and line a cupcake tin with two cupcake liners.
Make the batter: In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Add in the dairy free milk, Forager Project Cashewmilk Yogurt, and vegan butter. Whisk to combine, just until the dry ingredients are fully incorporated into the batter.
Bake: Scoop the batter into the two cupcake liners evenly. Bake for 20 minutes. Once baked, remove from the oven and allow the cupcakes to cool on a cooling rack until there is NO warmth left in the cupcakes. Then you can make the frosting.
While the cupcakes are cooling: melt the vegan chocolate chips either via stovetop or the microwave until completely melted. Set aside to cool at room temperature.
Make the chocolate sour cream frosting: To make the frosting, cream together the vegan butter and Forager Project Sour Cream. It’s okay if it splits a little bit. Add in the powdered sugar, and mix again until combined. Then pour in the cooled chocolate and cream together until fully combined.
Frost and enjoy! Frost each cupcake with the chocolate sour cream frosting, and top with sprinkles. Serve and enjoy!
Frosting options: You can also use 1/4 of my classic vegan chocolate buttercream.
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake without frosting
- Calories: 240
- Sugar: 15.2 g
- Sodium: 16.8 mg
- Fat: 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 8.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 30.8 g
- Fiber: 4.4 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 30.5 mg
Keywords: small batch cupcakes, small batch chocolate cupcakes, vegan cupcakes, cupcakes for two, vegan cupcake recipe, gluten free vegan cupcakes