Get ready for the best cannoli cheesecake you’ll ever taste! Undetectably healthy, vegan, and gluten free, you’ll fall in love with this spin on a classic Italian dessert! So easy, and incredibly sweet, it tastes just like a cannoli, only better!
Vegan Pie Crust:
- 2 cups whole oats (or 1 3/4 cup oat flour)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, room temperature
- 4–6 tbsp cold water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Cannoli Cheesecake Filling:
- 8 ounces coconut milk yogurt (make sure it’s thick, like coconut cream. The ingredients should be coconut cream and the bacteria)
- 4 ounces Miyoko’s vegan butter, room temperature (if you can’t find Miyoko’s, use a coconut oil based vegan butter)
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder*
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
To prepare the pie crust:
- In a large food processor, pulse the oats until they reach a fine flour.
- Add in coconut oil, water, maple syrup, baking soda, cinnamon, and vanilla. Blend until it becomes a sticky dough.
- Press the dough into a 9″ pie dish greased with coconut or olive oil.
- Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes. While the pie is chilling, preheat the oven to 375F.
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes and then remove to let cool while preparing the filling. Keep the oven on at 375F.
To make the cannoli “cheesecake” filling:
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together the softened vegan butter, coconut yogurt, coconut cream, vanilla, arrowroot powder, and maple syrup until well combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips using a spoon.
- Pour batter into pie crust and bake the pie for 15-20 minutes, until it begins to set on the outside, but is a little wobbly on the inside.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes at room temperature. Then place the cheesecake in the fridge for about 2-3 hours, or overnight.
- Remove the cheesecake from the fridge, top with extra chocolate chips and powdered sugar, and serve with coconut whipped cream!
*Make sure that the arrowroot powder is not expired and is stored properly. Not following either of those two notes will result in a runny pie.
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: vegan cheesecake, cannoli, cannoli cheesecake, gluten free, oat flour pie crust