Gooey and sweet paleo cinnamon rolls that a no-rise easy for a deliciously healthy breakfast on the weekend! Completely vegan, dairy free, and gluten free, these soft rolls are perfect for kids and adults!
Cinnamon Roll Dough
- 2 1/2 cup cassava flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut milk with 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed with 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, softened
- 4 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease an 8×8 baking pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cassava flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and coconut sugar.
- Add in the applesauce, ground flaxseed mixture, coconut milk, and vanilla, and mix until well combined.
- Add in the coconut oil, and knead the oil into the dough.
- Roll the dough out between two pieces of parchment paper into a large rectangle.
- Combine all filling ingredients in a small bowl and lightly brush onto one side of the dough. Make sure you brush the edges as well.
- Dust a clean surface or parchment paper with extra cassava flour and place the dough in the center. Dust the top of the dough and a rolling pin with extra cassava flour as well.
- Roll the dough out to be a large rectangle, about 18″ in length and 10″ in width (but does not have to be exact, just as long as it’s a rectangle!).
- Brush the dough with melted coconut oil, and sprinkle an even coating of coconut sugar and cinnamon on top.
- Use the parchment paper to gently roll the cinnamon rolls dough lengthwise away from you in a tight roll.
- Slice into 10-12 cinnamon rolls and place inside the baking dish.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Spoon melted coconut butter on top for the icing! Serve warm and enjoy!
Keywords: paleo cinnamon rolls, vegan cinnamon rolls, gluten free cinnamon rolls, healthy cinnamon rolls