These are the ultimate Paleo fudgy brownies with a crackly top! Easy to make, these Paleo brownies are nut free and gluten free, yet taste like the best homemade brownies ever!
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Pascha 100% chocolate chips or your favorite chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup vegan butter, grass fed ghee, or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cassava flour
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- (optional): 1/2 cup extra chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line an 8×8″ baking dish with parchment paper or grease with coconut oil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cassava flour, cacao powder, and sea salt, then set aside.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, melt the butter or coconut oil in the microwave or place the butter/coconut oil into a saucepan and heat via stove top until hot and melted.
- Add the chocolate chips into the melted butter. If you heated the butter on the stove top, pour the melted butter back into the bowl, and then add the chocolate chips. Stir until all the chocolate has completely melted and dissolved into the butter.
- Set aside while you prepare the eggs, coconut sugar, and vanilla. In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together the eggs, coconut sugar, and vanilla on medium-high until it’s thick and well combined.
- Pour in the melted chocolate and butter mixture and continue to beat on medium as it combines. You won’t over mix this so it’s okay to continue beating until it’s thoroughly combined!
- Slowly and carefully sift or lightly pour in the cassava cacao powder combination in small increments (just not all at once) while simultaneously beating the batter on medium. Continue mixing until all of the flour is completely combined into the batter. Fold in the optional chocolate chips here with a spoon if you desire!
- Pour the batter into the baking dish and bake the brownies for 20-22 minutes. Mine took just under 21 minutes, so it depends on the oven. Test with a toothpick to see if it comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 208
- Sugar: 12
- Sodium: 63
- Fat: 14
- Saturated Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 17
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 3
Keywords: paleo brownies, paleo fudgy brownies, fudgy brownies, grain free, gluten free brownies, chocolate, nut free