You won’t believe that this vegan chocolate pudding is indeed homemade, dairy free, and no eggs. So easy to make and refined sugar free!
- 2 cups (480 mL) soy milk or another dairy free milk
- 1/3 cup (100 g) maple syrup*
- 1/3 cup (35 g) all natural cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (40 g) arrowroot starch or cornstarch
- 1 cup (230 g) vegan chocolate or dairy free chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the soy milk, maple syrup, cocoa powder, and arrowroot starch until there are no more clumps of cocoa powder or arrowroot starch.
- Place the saucepan onto the stove, and turn the stovetop on to medium-high heat. Begin to whisk the mixture occasionally as it heats until it boils.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer, and add in the chocolate chips. Continue to whisk until all of the chocolate chips are melted. Once melted, stir in the vegan butter and vanilla extract until completely melted.
- Divide the chocolate pudding into 4 ramekins. Place the ramekins into the fridge to chill for at least 2 hours.
- Serve with a scoop of vegan whipped cream and chocolate shavings. Enjoy!
Maple syrup: you can also substitute in a sugar free syrup or swap in coconut sugar instead.
Keywords: vegan chocolate pudding, dairy-free chocolate pudding, dairy free chocolate pudding, vegan pudding, chocolate pudding, homemade chocolate pudding