This easy and delicious vegan almond cherry bundt cake is the perfect healthier vegan brunch recipe! Completely gluten free and dairy free, it’s easy to make and deliciously sweet!
- 2 cups rustic oat flour (ground from 2 1/2 cups whole oats, see Note)
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 1/2 cup (see Note)
- 2 cups vegan buttermilk (see Note)
- 1/2 cup homemade or store bought almond butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 jar Bonne Maman INTENSE Cherry Fruit Spread
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp dairy free milk
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a 10-cup bundt pan with coconut oil. Make sure that you’ve prepared the oat flour, ground flaxseed mixture and vegan buttermilk before you begin.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oat flour, cassava flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add in the ground flaxseed mixture, vegan buttermilk, almond butter, and vanilla extract to the dry mixture, and stir thoroughly until everything is combined.
- Spoon half of the batter into the prepared bundt cake pan. Then, spoon about 1/2 a jar of Bonne Maman INTENSE Cherry Fruit Spread on top of the batter. Top with the remaining batter evenly.
- Use a butter knife to gently swirl the spread into the batter, mainly trying to work the cherry to the bottom of the bundt cake pan (which will become the top when you flip it over). Less is more here!
- Place the bundt cake pan into the oven to bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes in the pan before gently flipping onto a plate.
- Prepare the glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar and dairy free milk in a small bowl.
- When ready to serve, pour the glaze over the bundt cake and top with chopped almonds.
- For homemade oat flour, please see this oat flour guide.
- To make the vegan flaxseed egg, combine the ground flaxseed with water and allow the mixture to sit for 5-7 minutes to coagulate.
- To make vegan buttermilk, you can use the Vegan Baking 101 guide, but essentially, you’ll need to combine 2 cups of dairy free milk with 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Allow this to curdle for 5-7 minutes before using.
Keywords: vegan bundt cake, vegan almond cherry cake, almond bundt cake, gluten free bundt cake