This deliciously cheesy quick and easy baked gnocchi recipe is ready in just 25 minutes, and you don’t even need to boil the gnocchi beforehand! Packed with protein and veggies, yet naturally vegan and vegetarian friendly, this baked gnocchi is an easy weeknight dinner that the whole family will love.
- 1 tbsp vegan butter or cooking oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 25-ounce jar marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup store bought or homemade liquid vegan cheese, such as Miyoko’s, or coconut cream
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 1 package vegan gnocchi or 1 batch homemade vegan gnocchi
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans
- 1 cup chopped spinach, mustard greens, or leafy green
- 1 cup vegan cheese, plus more for topping
- Prep: Make sure you use either an oven-safe skillet or Dutch oven. Organize your ingredients. Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Sauté: On the stove top, heat the vegan butter in the Dutch oven on medium heat until melted. Add in the minced garlic and sauté until fragrant and lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Mix: Turn off the heat, but you can keep the Dutch oven or oven-safe skillet/pot on the stove top for the next steps. Add in the tomato sauce, vegan liquid cheese, and basil. Stir to combine. Then add in the gnocchi, beans, greens, and vegan cheese. Toss to combine.
- Bake: Sprinkle with additional vegan cheese on top and cover the pot with the Dutch oven lid or place a piece of tinfoil over the skillet. Place the pot into the oven to bake for 10 minutes with the lid on. Then remove the lid for the remaining 10-12 minutes for the gnocchi to finish cooking.
- Serve: Once the vegan cheese has melted and slightly browned on top, you can use oven mitts to remove the pot from the oven. Sprinkle with fresh black pepper and more basil if desired. Serve and enjoy!
- Storage: Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the fridge. To reheat, simply heat the oven to 300F, and portion the amount desired into a baking dish. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until warm.
Gluten free: The vegan gnocchi recipe on my blog works wonderfully with gluten-free flour.
Liquid vegan cheese: I have a quick and easy liquid vegan mozzarella cheese on the blog that’s bean based. It’s wonderful! Otherwise, you can use Miyoko’s liquid mozzarella, or swap in heavy coconut cream. Just add in some extra sea salt for flavor!
Keywords: baked gnocchi, baked gnocchi recipe, baked gnocchi with spinach, vegan baked gnocchi, vegetarian baked gnocchi, vegan dinner, vegan dinner recipes, vegan pasta