The ultimate moist and sweet vegan banana bread that’s incredibly delicious and dense, yet gluten free, gum free, and refined sugar free! Made from buckwheat and oat flour, it’s the perfect healthy snack or breakfast!
- 1 1/2 cups buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup coarsely ground oats
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed mixed with 1/2 cup water*
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350F, and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas until there are no more chunks of banana.
- Add in the applesauce, maple syrup, ground flaxseed mixture, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Sift in the buckwheat flour, oat flour, ground cinnamon, sea salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until there are no more pockets of flour.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and top with extra banana if desired.
- Place the loaf pan into the oven to bake for 50-55 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Store in plastic wrap at room temperature for up to 3 days and in the fridge up to a week.
To make the flaxseed eggs, combine the flaxseed with the water in a small bowl, and allow it to sit for 5-7 minutes until fully activated.
- Category: Breakfas
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan banana bread, vegan gluten free banana bread, buckwheat banana bread, oil free vegan banana bread