This fluffy and flavorful chickpea scramble is the perfect savory vegan breakfast to start your morning! Ready in just 10 minutes and cooks just like eggs!
- 26 ounces (2 13-ounce jars) chickpeas, rinsed and drained (save the aquafaba for vegan egg whites in baking!)
- 1/3 cup chickpea flour
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp sea salt*
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup water or coconut milk (or any dairy free milk)
- Blend: In a food processor or blender, blitz the chickpeas until they’re ground up and ALMOST a paste. Scoop the chickpeas into a bowl, and set aside.
- Mix: In a separate bowl, combine the remaining chickpea scramble ingredients (don’t add in the chickpeas here). Whisk together until mixed.
- Cook: In a medium skillet, heat 1 tbsp of cooking oil until hot on medium heat. Add in the chickpeas, and the scramble liquid. Begin to scramble the mixture as it cooks for 4-6 minutes. If you feel your chickpea scramble is drying up too much, you can add more water or dairy free milk.
- Serve: Serve your chickpea scramble immediately with your favorite vegan breakfast sides!
Kala Namak Salt: or Indian Black Salt. You can substitute this for the sea salt for a more egg-like flavor.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 265
- Sugar: 1.4 g
- Sodium: 1103.4 mg
- Fat: 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 32.8 g
- Fiber: 9.8 g
- Protein: 12 g
- Cholesterol: 15.3 mg
Keywords: chickpea scramble, vegan chickpea scramble, vegan scrambled eggs