This is hands down the BEST chickpea tuna salad around! Ready in just 5 minutes, no vegan mayo, yet tastes just like the classic, this vegan tuna salad is perfect for all eaters, vegan or not!
- 2 jars (13 ounces each, 26 ounces total) chickpeas
- 4 oz coconut yogurt*
- 1/3 cup tahini*
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup parsley, de-stemmed
- 1/4 cup dill, chopped
- 2 tsp cumin
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup diced celery
- Mash the chickpeas: You can use a potato masher or a fork to mash the chickpeas. Alternatively, you can blitz the chickpeas in a blender for 1-2 seconds until lightly chopped.
- Mix all ingredients: Add all ingredients to a large bowl, and toss together until evenly coated.
- Serve and enjoy! Use this vegan tuna salad to make a vegan chickpea tuna salad sandwich, spread onto mini toasts for appetizer bites, or toss into a large kitchen sink salad for lunch or dinner!
- Storage: Store any leftovers in an airtight container and in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Coconut free: Use your favorite dairy free yogurt in place of coconut yogurt.
Tahini substitutions: Swap in almond butter, cashew butter, or sunflower seed butter instead of tahini.
For a more tuna salad taste: Add in 3 sheets of Nori seaweed.
Keywords: vegan chickpea tuna salad, chickpea tuna salad, vegan tuna salad