This one bowl easy vegan chocolate chip loaf cake is tender, moist, and deliciously sweet and studded with melty chocolate chips throughout! No eggs, no dairy, and easily gluten free too with the perfect chocolate ganache glaze!
- 2 cups (250 g) all purpose flour or gluten free 1:1 baking flour
- 1 tsp arrowroot starch or cornstarch
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup (75 g) salted vegan butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup (250 g) organic granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp dairy free yogurt, room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) unsweetened dairy free milk, room temperature
- 1 cup (250 g) vegan chocolate chips
- 1 serving vegan chocolate ganache, if desired
- Prep: Measure all ingredients before beginning. Grease and line an 8 or 9″ loaf pan with cooking oil and parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Make the batter: In a large bowl, whisk together the butter, sugar, dairy free yogurt, and vanilla extract. Then add in the dry ingredients (flour, arrowroot starch, baking powder, and sea salt), and dairy free milk, whisk just up until the flour is nearly all incorporated. Lightly tap the whisk on your bowl if there is any batter stuck in the whisk. Add in the vegan chocolate chips, and use a silicone spatula to fold the chocolate chips into the batter just until incorporated.
- Bake: Pour the batter into your prepared loaf cake pan, and bake for 55-65 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. The top of the loaf will be lightly golden.
- While the loaf is baking: Make the vegan chocolate ganache according to instructions.
- Cool the loaf: Allow the loaf to cool in its pan for 10 minutes. Then transfer the loaf to a cooling rack to cool completely before slicing.
- Top with the chocolate ganache: When ready to serve, pour the chocolate ganache over the loaf. Slice and enjoy!
- Storage: Store any leftovers in an airtight container and in the fridge for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Gluten free: For gluten free, you can use gluten free 1:1 baking flour, such as King Arthur Measure-for-Measure gluten free flour.
Dairy free yogurt: I used Forager Project cashew milk yogurt.
Vegan butter: I used Miyoko’s vegan butter.
Keywords: chocolate chip loaf cake, chocolate chip loaf, vegan chocolate chip loaf, vegan loaf cake