This is the BEST vegan chocolate buttercream frosting ever!! Even traditional dairy lovers love this vegan chocolate frosting! Just 4 ingredients, ultra rich and lush, super quick and easy to make, and perfect for cakes, brownies, cookies, cupcakes, and more!
- 2 cups (460 g) vegan butter, room temperature*
- 1 cup (100 grams) SIFTED cocoa powder
- 3 cups (600 grams) SIFTED powdered sugar*
- 1/4–1/3 cup creamy dairy free milk (such as soy milk or oat milk)
Yields 7 cups frosting
- In a stand mixer with whisk attachment, or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, cream the vegan butter until fluffy and light, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the cocoa powder and 1 cup of the powdered sugar. Continue creaming the mixture, adding in the remaining powdered sugar in 1 cup intervals until smooth. Add in 1-2 tbsp dairy free milk at a time to help achieve a creamy texture.
- Use immediately on cakes, cupcakes, and desserts.
Vegan butter: For nut free, and an all around great vegan butter, I recommend Flora Plant Butter. For Paleo vegan, I recommend Miyoko’s Creamery. Other brands that work well for this are Earth Balance baking sticks and Forager Project oat butter.
Refined sugar free: you can swap in coconut sugar for the powdered sugar, and have an entirely refined sugar free vegan chocolate frosting!
Keywords: vegan chocolate frosting, vegan chocolate buttercream, vegan chocolate buttercream frosting, how to make vegan chocolate frosting, vegan chocolate buttercream, easy chocolate buttercream, healthy chocolate frosting