These gooey and rich chocolate pecan pie bars are incredibly easy to make and naturally vegan, gluten free, dairy free, corn syrup free, and easily keto-friendly! With a pecan crust and decadently chewy chocolate pecan filling, these easy pie bars are the perfect vegan Thanksgiving dessert for all eaters!
- 80 grams coconut flour
- 180 grams Diamond of CA pecan halves
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or keto-friendly liquid syrup
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 110 grams coconut oil, room temperature
- 100 ml dairy-free milk
- 110 grams coconut oil, melted
- 100 grams granulated sugar or keto-friendly granulated sugar
- 180 grams Diamond of CA chopped pecans
- 150 grams maple syrup or keto-friendly sweetener
- 1 1/2 cups sugar-free chocolate chips, melted
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
- Please read all instructions before beginning.
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 400F. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper, and set aside. Measure out all ingredients.
- Make the pie crust: In a food processor, process the pecan halves until they reach a rustic flour, about 10 seconds. Then add in the coconut flour and arrowroot starch, and pulse again until just combined. Add in the coconut oil and keto-friendly syrup and pulse until a thick dough forms. Press the dough into the baking pan, and use a fork to poke a few holes into the crust. Bake the crust for 10 minutes. Then set aside to cool. Don’t turn off the oven!
- Make the chocolate pecan pie bar filling: While the crust is cooling, make the filling. Whisk together the dairy-free milk, coconut oil, liquid syrup, and granulated keto-friendly sugar until combined. Add in the arrowroot starch while you’re whisking. Then fold in the pecans and chocolate chips.
- Pour the filling: Pour the filling onto the pie crust. Spread the filling to touch the edges of the pan.
- Bake the pecan pie bars: Place the baking pan into the still heated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the edges have completely set. Remove the baking pan from the oven and allow the pecan pie bars to cool in the pan for an hour. Then use a knife to run along the edges of the pie bars and carefully place the pecan pie bars onto a cooling rack to set for another 2 hours.
- Slice and serve! Slice the chocolate pecan pie bars into 16 bars and enjoy! Store any leftovers in an airtight container and in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Diamond of CA: Because you’re a Banana Diaries reader, you can receive a discount on purchasing Diamond of CA nuts! Please use the code: BANANA15 for 15% of your order at https://shop.diamondnuts.com/
Keto-friendly: For keto-friendly chocolate pecan pie bars, use a liquid sugar free sweetener, such as allulose, and a granulated sugar-free sweetener for the filling. For the chocolate, use 100% dark chocolate or sugar-free chocolate chips.
Keywords: chocolate pecan pie bars, vegan pecan pie bars, keto pecan pie bars