Vegan Cinnamon Cupcakes
These easy cinnamon cupcakes are decadent and sweet, yet lower in sugar and undetectably vegan! Topped with a vegan cinnamon buttercream, they’re perfect for fall!
- Author: thebananadiaries
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 22
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 3/4 cup gluten free 1-to-1 baking flour
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or regular sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut or almond milk mixed with 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup pureed prunes
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Vegan Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting:
- 1/2 cup vegan butter or coconut oil, softened but still chilled
- 3 cups powdered sugar or 2 cups powdered sugar, 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a muffin tin with 12 cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the gluten free flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder, and coconut sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine the unsweetened coconut milk mixed with apple cider vinegar, pureed prunes, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry and mix thoroughly until there are no more clumps.
- Fill each cupcake tin about 3/4 of the way up with batter and place the cupcakes into the oven to bake for 21-24 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool before frosting.
- To make the vegan buttercream, use a hand mixer to whip the vegan butter until it’s fluffy.
- Sift in the powdered sugar, about 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup at a time until the buttercream becomes thick and fluffy.
- Add in cinnamon and whip the buttercream until it’s smooth.
- Place frosting into a piping bag and pipe.
Keywords: chai cupcakes, chai latte cupcakes, vegan cupcakes, gluten free cupcakes