This is truly the best vegan coffee cake ever! With its perfect crumb texture and sweet cinnamon vanilla flavor, it tastes just like the classic and even better than Starbucks, only entirely vegan and gluten free!
Vanilla Coffee Cake:
- 3 1/4 cups oat flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup arrowroot
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup applesauce, room temperature
- 2/3 cup df milk with 1 tsp apple cider vinegar, room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened and cubbed
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp dairy free milk
- Preheat the oven to 350F and lightly grease and line an 8×8 or 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper and olive oil.
- In a medium bowl, prepare the cinnamon sugar filling. Whisk together the coconut sugar, oat flour, and cinnamon, and set aside.
- In another medium bowl, prepare the cinnamon crumble. Whisk together the sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Use a fork to cut the cubed vegan butter into the mixture until it resembles a crumble. Set aside.
- Prepare the main coffee cake layer. In a large bowl, whisk together the oat flour, sugar, arrowroot powder, and baking powder.
- Add in the melted vegan butter, applesauce, dairy free milk mixture, and vanilla. Stir until there are no more dry streaks of flour.
- Pour half of the batter into your baking pan, and spread the batter to touch the edges of the pan. Sprinkle in the cinnamon sugar filling on top evenly. Add the remaining half of the batter on top of the cinnamon sugar filling. Top with the cinnamon crumble.
- Place the pan into the oven to bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven, and allow the coffee cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- When ready to serve, it’s best served slightly warm. Slice into 9 squares and prepare the optional glaze. Whisk together the powdered sugar and dairy free milk, and drizzle on top of each slice. Enjoy! Store any leftovers covered in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days, in the fridge for up to 6 days, or in the freezer for up to a month.
Keywords: vegan coffee cake, eggless coffee cake, gluten free coffee cake, easy coffee cake