This vegan French toast recipe tastes just like the classic! With just 7 ingredients, refined sugar free and no chia seed, this is the best eggless French toast recipe. Top with fresh coconut whipped cream and berries for a classic breakfast that everyone will love!
- 8 slices thick vegan bread, such as Brioche or Challah (GF as needed)
- 1 cup dairy free milk (like oat milk or coconut milk from the can)
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or vegan butter (for the pan)
- Toppings: fresh berries, coconut cream, maple syrup, cinnamon
- In a bowl, whisk together the ground flaxseed, arrowroot powder, and cinnamon in the bowl. Then add in the maple syrup, vanilla, and dairy free milk, whisking to combine. Make sure you’re vigorously mixing so that it forms a thick batter, much like traditional French toast.
- Dip one slice of bread into the mixture and let it soak for at least 2 minutes (longer if you’re using thick bread- up to 10 minutes). Then flip and allow the other side to soak.
- While the bread is soaking, in a medium skillet, heat the coconut oil or vegan butter on medium heat until melted.
- Place the soaking piece of bread onto the skillet and let cook for 2-3 minutes. If it needs longer to cook, give it another minute or two. Flip onto the other side and allow the bread to cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the skillet and place onto a plate. Repeat for the remaining slices.
- Serve with coconut cream, cinnamon, maple syrup, berries, or any of your favorite toppings!
Keywords: vegan French toast, eggless French toast