This is truly THE best vegan gluten free chocolate chip cookies recipe you’ve ever had. Chewy, soft, and melt in your mouth, these vegan chocolate chips cookies are made with JUST oat flour and nothing else! Super easy and perfect for all eaters, vegan or not!
- 2 cups (180 g) oat flour, sifted
- 1 tbsp (10 g) arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup (113 g) salted vegan butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100 g) organic granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (100 g) brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 g) dairy free unsweetened vanilla yogurt (such as Forager Project), room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (180 g) vegan chocolate chips or vegan milk chocolate chunks
- Please read through all instructions before beginning.
- Prep: Line two (2) medium baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Measure out all ingredients.
- Whisk the dry ingredients: In a medium bowl, whisk together the oat flour, arrowroot starch, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Make the cookie dough: In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to cream together the vegan butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until fluffy and lighter in color, about 3 minutes. Add in the dairy free yogurt and vanilla, and mix again until combined. Then add in the flour mixture, and use a silicone spatula to gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Stop mixing just before the dry is fully incorporated into the wet.
- Fold in the chocolate chips: Pour the chocolate chips into the dough and fold them into the dough just until they’re evenly distributed.
- Chill the dough: Cover the dough and chill it in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour. While the dough is chilling, you can preheat the oven to 350F.
- Bake the oat flour cookies: Once the dough is chilled, use a medium cookie scoop (about 1.5 tbsp) to scoop the cookies and place them onto the baking sheet. Space the cookies at least 2″ apart. You should yield 18 cookies with this measurement. Bake the cookies for 12 minutes, or until the edges are set and lightly golden, and the middle isn’t wiggly.
- Shape the cookies: Take a large round cookie cutter and gently circle the cookies to create a rounded shape again. Place extra chocolate chips on top if desired, along with a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Cool the cookies and enjoy: Allow the cookies to rest for 10 minutes on the baking sheet. Then enjoy! Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for put to 3 months.
Oat flour: I recommend using store bought oat flour to make these vegan oat flour chocolate chip cookies. This will give you more of a classic chocolate chip cookie look. If you’d like to use homemade oat flour, be sure to really grind the oat flour into a fine powder!
Vegan butter: I recommend using either Miyoko’s vegan butter, Earth Balance baking sticks (different from the tub), or Flora Plant Butter.
Vegan dairy free yogurt: I typically just use Forager Project yogurt, and know there is a lot of variation between each dairy free yogurt brand. Try to use a yogurt brand that is more liquid-y, like Forager Project if you can’t find them in a store near you.
Vegan chocolate: I recommend using Pasch Chocolate Chips or Enjoy Life. For the vegan milk chocolate chunks, I actually used Valrhona’s new Amatika vegan milk chocolate- it’s amazing!
Keywords: vegan gluten free chocolate chip cookies, oat flour chocolate chip cookies, oat flour cookies, vegan gluten free cookies, best vegan chocolate chip cookies