The easiest vegan gluten free oat bread made entirely yeast free! This delicious and hearty oatmeal bread is made in one bowl and perfect for sandwiches, French toast, and more!
- 2 ½ cups oat flour
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder (or cornstarch)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 ¼ cup dairy free milk
- 4 tbsp ground flaxseed with 3/4 cup water (see Note)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup rolled oats for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line a 9″ loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oat flour, buckwheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, arrowroot powder, and sea salt.
- Add in the dairy-free milk, ground flaxseed mixture, maple syrup, coconut oil, and unsweetened applesauce.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry until the batter is completely mixed together.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan, and spread it out evenly to touch the edges of the pan. Sprinkle some extra oats on top and place the loaf pan into the oven to bake for 50-60 minutes (until the toothpick comes out clean and the top of the bread is tough and crusted).
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes in the pan before removing and allowing it to cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes. The bread might still be warm, but you can slice into it.
- Store sliced and in an airtight container for up to a week, freeze the bread for up to 3 months, or store the bread covered at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Mix the ground flaxseed together with the water to create a flaxseed “egg.” Allow the mixture to sit for 5-7 minutes until it starts to coagulate.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 138
- Sugar: 3.7 g
- Sodium: 250.7 mg
- Fat: 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Fiber: 2.6 g
- Protein: 3.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan oat bread, gluten free oat bread, healthy oatmeal bread, vegan bread recipe, gluten free vegan bread recipe, gluten free bread recipe, yeast free bread recipe