This vegan grasshopper pie made with a paleo vegan chocolate crust is absolutely decadent and minty fresh! It’s completely paleo, gluten free, and made with natural coloring!
Chocolate Pie Crust
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup cacao flour
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tbsp ground flax or chia seed
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups organic cashews (soaked overnight and rinsed)
- 1 16 oz can coconut cream or full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp organic spirulina
- 2 tsp peppermint extract or 4 drops peppermint essential oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 batch paleo vegan Oreos
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease a 9″ pie dish with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut flour, cacao powder, sea salt, ground flax/chia seed, and baking soda.
- Add in coconut oil, water, and maple syrup and mix until a sticky dough.
- Press dough into the pie dish, starting in the middle, and working your way up the sides.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Check to see if it’s done (it won’t be sticky anymore, but still soft). If it needs a few more minutes, bake for another 2 and remove.
- Let pie crust cool and then place in the freezer for 20 minutes, while you make the filling.
- To make the filling, blend cashews in a large food processor until it’s a crumble.
- Add in coconut cream and blend until a smooth cream.
- Add in spirulina, maple syrup, peppermint extract, and vanilla extract. Puree until smooth.
- Remove food processor from stand, crumble paleo vegan Oreos into the filling, and mix. Save a few for the topping at the very end!
- Remove the pie crust from the freezer and pour filling into the pie crust.
- Place back into the freezer for 30-35 minutes.
- When ready to serve, let sit out for 10 minutes and crumble the rest of the Oreos on top.
- Category: Dessert