This vegan grasshopper pie made with a paleo vegan Oreo cookie crust is absolutely decadent and minty fresh! It’s completely paleo, gluten free, nut free, and made with natural coloring!
- 2 batches Paleo vegan Oreo dough*
- 16 ounce Japanese sweet potato, baked
- 1 16 ounce can coconut cream or coconut milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon spirulina
- Preheat oven to 375F and prepare an 8″ springform pan with parchment paper and a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare Paleo Vegan Oreo cookie dough, not baking the cookies yet.
- Press one serving of the dough into the springform pan for the cookie crust. Prepare the second serving of the dough as cookies (you can omit the coconut butter at the last step if you’d like). Place each cookie on the parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Place the cookie crust and cookies into the oven to bake for 10-15 minutes or until set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool while you prepare the filling.
- In a large food processor, puree the sweet potato until smooth.
- Add in the coconut milk, maple syrup, and spirulina, and puree until smooth.
- Pour the filling into the cookie crust pan, and crumble the cookies on top.
- Mix the cookies into the filling until evenly distributed, then place the pie into the freezer to set for 2-3 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove from the freezer and let unthaw for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Store in the freezer for up to a month.
* Do not fully prepare the cookies here. We just need the dough, and I will walk you through what to do next. If you want to make the full Oreos, you can use coconut butter, but it’s not necessary.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan grasshopper pie, Paleo grasshopper pie, gluten free grasshopper pie, vegan St. Patrick's Day dessert