Vegan hummus lentil loaf that’s perfect for all eaters! Easy to make and a great healthy main dish for the holidays!
- 3 cups cooked lentils
- 1 container Sabra hummus
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 tbsp coconut or olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper
- In a food processor, pulse the lentils until they become a puree.
- Add in the oat flour, Sabra hummus, and sea salt, and pulse again until smooth.
- Set that aside while you prepare the onions and carrots. In a medium skillet or pan, heat 1 tbsp coconut or olive oil and add in the onions and carrots.
- Add in the thyme and rosemary, and saute the onions and carrots until the onions are translucent (the carrots don’t need to be fully cooked, as they’ll cook more in the oven).
- Remove from heat.
- Combine the pureed lentils and hummus, cooked onions and carrots, and 1/2 cup of the marinara sauce in a large bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the lentil hummus batter into the loaf pan and smooth along the edges of the pan. Top with 1/4 cup of marinara sauce and place the loaf pan into the oven to bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before removing the lentil loaf from the pan.
- Serve warm!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lentil meatloaf, lentil loaf, hummus, vegan, dairy free, gluten free