Easy and light vegan lemon poppy seed muffins that are full of zest and sweetness, yet lower in sugar than most muffins and completely gluten free!
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free 1-to-1 flour (make sure it contains xanthan gum)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp poppyseeds
- 1/2 cup vegan butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/8 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 Yogi Tea Echinacea Immune Support Tea tea bag
- 1/2 cup dairy free yogurt (such as coconut yogurt or cashew yogurt)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a 12-tin muffin tin with liners.
- Heat the coconut milk to boiling, then steep Yogi Tea Echinacea Immune Support Tea for 5-10 minutes. Prepare the dry ingredients while that is steeping.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients listed under “Dry Ingredients” and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine all of the wet ingredients, including the steeped Yogi Tea Echinacea Immune Support Tea coconut milk mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Sift in the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until it forms a thick and consistent batter.
- Fill each muffin liner about 3/4 of the way full with batter and place the muffin tin into the oven to bake for 35-37 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Enjoy your vegan lemon poppyseed muffins for up to 2 days stored covered on the counter or 7 days stored in the fridge.
Keywords: vegan lemon poppyseed muffins, healthy lemon poppyseed muffins, gluten free lemon poppyseed muffins