This soft and fluffy vegan lemon pound cake is “buttery,” sweet, tender, and dense- and made in just one bowl within 5 minutes! Topped with a deliciously sweet vanilla bean glaze that makes this lemon pound cake better than any Starbucks pound cake!
- 3 cups (375) g all purpose flour or gluten free 1:1 baking flour*
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup (113 g) unsalted vegan butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp (225 g) organic granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp dairy free yogurt, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/8 cup (270 mL) unsweetened dairy free milk (such as oat milk or soy milk), room temperature
- 1/3 cup (90 mL) lemon juice (about 2 large lemons)
- 1 tbsp lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
- 2 cups (320 g) vegan powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla paste
- 2–3 tbsp dairy free milk
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350F. Line an 8″ or 9″ loaf pan with parchment paper and lightly greased.
- Make the batter: In a large bowl, whisk together the melted vegan butter, sugar, dairy free yogurt, vanilla extract, dairy free milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest until combined. Add in the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and sea salt, and gently whisk just until the flour is combined into the wet ingredients.
- Bake: Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, and bake for 55-60 minutes, or until the top of the loaf is lightly golden.
- Cool: Remove the lemon pound cake from the oven, and allow the pound cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Make the glaze: When ready to glaze after the loaf is cool, whisk together all of the vanilla glaze ingredients. Pour over the lemon pound cake.
- Slice and enjoy! Slice your vegan lemon pound cake and enjoy! Freeze in an airtight container or wrapped tightly in plastic wrap for up to 3 months, or store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Gluten free: I recommend using King Arthur Measure for Measure gluten free flour.
Keywords: vegan lemon pound cake, lemon pound cake, vegan lemon cake, vegan pound cake