Make these quick and easy flavor-packed vegan lentil meatballs with just 7 ingredients for a delicious vegan dinner ready in just 30 minutes! Based on my Italian grandma’s recipe- turned vegan and vegetarian friendly!
- 2 cups cooked lentils (about 3/4 cup uncooked if cooking from scratch)*
- 1 cup oat flour (homemade or store bought)*
- 4 prunes
- 1/2 cup ketchup*
- 3 tbsp fresh rosemary*
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Optional: 2 cups marinara sauce or cherry tomato sauce, for cooking
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with tin foil. Lightly spray or coat the tin foil with coconut or olive oil to prevent sticking.
- In a large food processor, pulse all of the ingredients together until it’s a consistent batter. It should not be very clumpy, but rather smooth.
- Roll the lentil batter into 2 inch sized meatballs and place the meatballs onto the baking sheet.
- Bake the lentil meatballs for 25 minutes in the oven.
- Serve and enjoy! Follow the below steps for another option of further cooking the lentil meatballs in marinara sauce when serving over pasta.
- Optional cook in marinara sauce: When done, remove from the oven and let cool while you add 1 cup marinara sauce to a medium sized sauce pan.
- Add the meatballs to the pan, toss them in the sauce, then cover and set the heat to low/simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve with fresh pasta or however you prefer!
Lentils: You can use brown, green, red lentils, or a mix. You can also use store bought pre-cooked lentils.
Oat flour: You can make your own or use store bought. If you don’t need gluten free, you can use all purpose flour.
Prunes: You can swap in dates or 3 tbsp ground flaxseed with 9 tbsp water for a flax “egg” if you prefer.
Ketchup: Feel free to swap in tomato paste if you prefer. It’s slightly less flavorful, however.
Herbs: You can use just rosemary or a blend of rosemary, thyme, sage, oregano, or parsley!
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 312
- Sugar: 8.5 g
- Sodium: 1097.6 mg
- Fat: 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 54.8 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Protein: 14.3 g
- Cholesterol: 2 mg
Keywords: lentil meatballs, vegetarian meatballs, vegan lentil meatballs, vegan meatballs, gluten free vegan meatballs, vegan gluten free dinner recipes