Vegan Lentil Meatballs (Gluten Free)
The ultimate vegan lentil meatballs that are completely gluten free, protein packed, and full of Italian flavor! Made with only 7 simple ingredients!
- Author: thebananadiaries
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 55
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
- 2 cups cooked lentils (about 3/4 cup uncooked if cooking from scratch)
- 1 cup oat flour (homemade or store bought)
- 5 prunes
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 3 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 cup marinara sauce, for cooking
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with tin foil. Lightly spray or coat the tin foil with coconut or olive oil to prevent sticking.
- In a large food processor, pulse all of the ingredients together until it’s a consistent batter. It should not be very clumpy, but rather smooth.
- Roll the lentil batter into 2 inch sized meatballs and place the meatballs onto the baking sheet.
- Bake the lentil meatballs for 25 minutes in the oven.
- When done, remove from the oven and let cool while you add 1 cup marinara sauce to a medium sized sauce pan.
- Add the meatballs to the pan, toss them in the sauce, then cover and set the heat to low/simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve with fresh pasta, cauliflower mash, or however you prefer!
Keywords: vegan lentil meatballs, vegan meatballs, gluten free vegan meatballs, vegan gluten free dinner recipes