Vegan Linzer cookies made with a simple gluten free almond shortbread cookie and filled with a homemade raspberry jam! The most elegant and delicious healthy holiday cookie!
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free 1-to-1 flour or cassava flour
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup vegan butter, softened but still cold
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut or maple sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or paste
- 8 ounces homemade raspberry jam
- Beat together the vegan butter, maple syrup, coconut or maple sugar, and vanilla extract with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Sift in the cassava flour and almond flour, and fold the flours into the whipped wet ingredients until it’s a thick dough.
- Place the dough into a piece of plastic wrap and form it into a disk. Wrap it and place the dough into the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and dust a clean surface with gluten free flour, as well as the dough and the rolling pin. Roll out the dough until it’s about 1/4 of an inch thick.
- Use a Linzer cookie cutter and cut each cookie. Make sure that for ever bottom half of the cookie, you also have a top (with a shape in it- I chose a star, but you can use whichever!).
- Continue to cut cookies with the cookie cutters until all the dough is used. Then chill the cookies on a cookie sheet in the fridge again for 30 minutes.
- While the cookies are chilling, preheat the oven to 350F.
- When the oven is ready, place the cookie sheet into the oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Remove and let the cookies cool before creating a full Linzer cookie.
- When the cookies are cool, place about 1 tsp of jam in the middle of the bottom cookie, then lightly press the top Linzer cookie half on top. Repeat for the remaining cookies.
- Dust with powdered sugar or lightly with coconut flour to reduce sugar.
Keywords: vegan Linzer cookies, gluten free Linzer cookies, healthy Linzer cookies