The easiest vegan low mein stir fry that’s undetectably Paleo and Keto as well, and ready under 30 minutes! Perfect for an easy week night meal, date night in, or family dinner!
Vegan Lo Mein Noodles:
- 1 package kelp noodles
- 1/2 cup chopped shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded or chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Paleo Vegan Lo Mein Sauce:
- 1/2 cup cashew butter (or sunflower seed butter if nut free)
- 1 lemon, juice
- 4 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Prepare the noodles first by rinsing and straining the kelp noodles under fresh water, then placing them in a bowl to soak with water and 1 tbsp vinegar (apple cider vinegar or white vinegar will do). The water should submerge all of the noodles. Let this sit for 10-15 minutes while you prepare the vegetables.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp coconut oil and add minced garlic.
- Sauté the garlic on medium heat until lightly browned, then add in the remaining vegetables.
- Sauté the vegetables on medium heat until cooked thoroughly, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce the vegetables to a simmer and cover while you strain the noodles again. Rinse the noodles, lightly pat dry, and add the noodles to the pan.
- Turn up the heat to medium/low, and toss the noodles in with the vegetables.
- Once the noodles are tossed, remove the pan from heat and cover while you prepare the sauce.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the sauce ingredients until well combined.
- Add the sauce to the pan and toss all of the ingredients together until evenly coated.
- Serve the noodles in 4 bowls with your choice of protein and enjoy!
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 222
- Sugar: 3.2 g
- Sodium: 718.1 mg
- Fat: 15.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.6 g
- Protein: 5.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan lo mein, vegetable stir fry, keto lo mein