Healthy vegan mini fruit tarts with vanilla custard for the most refreshing spring and summer dessert! Completely dairy free, vegan, and can be made gluten free and Paleo, these fruit tarts are bursting with fresh flavor and are so easy to make!
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/3 cup arrowroot powder
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, juice squeezed
- 1 cup mixed berries, sliced
- 2 tbsp mint
- 1 serving vegan pie crust or 1 serving vegan oat crust (below)
Vegan Oat Crust:
- 2 cups oats
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 4–6 tbsp chilled water
- Grease 6 mini tartlet cups with coconut oil.
- Prepare the vegan oat crust or the vegan pie crust according to instructions up until you roll out the dough after refrigeration.
- If preparing the oat crust, pulse the oats in a large food processor until they resemble a flour. Add in the coconut oil, maple syrup, and 4 tablespoons of chilled water. Pulse again until it forms a clumpy dough. If there is still a lot of dry flour left, add in an additional 2 tablespoons of chilled water and pulse again. Gently press the dough into the tartlet pan, adhering it to the edges. Poke a few fork holes into the bottom of each tartlet and place all 6 tartlet crusts into the fridge to keep cool while you preheat the oven to 375F. When the oven is ready, bake your pie crusts with pie weights on top for about 12-15 minutes, until the pie crust is golden. Remove from the oven and let cool entirely while making the vanilla custard.
- If preparing the vegan pie crust, cut the dough into 6 circles slightly bigger than the tartlet tin. Roll out the dough again if you need to create more surface area for a circle. Gently press the dough into the tartlet pan, adhering it to the edges. Poke a few fork holes into the bottom of each tartlet and place all 6 tartlet crusts into the fridge to keep cool while you preheat the oven to 375F. When the oven is ready, bake your pie crusts with pie weights on top for about 12-15 minutes, until the pie crust is golden. Remove from the oven and let cool entirely while making the vanilla custard.
- To make the custard, heat the coconut milk first in a medium sauce. Add in just the cream of the coconut cream can to the coconut milk and stir.
- Add in the maple syrup, vanilla extract, and lemon juice. Bring the mixture to just before a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Immediately sift in the arrowroot powder, about 2 tbsps at a time. Keep stirring for about 7-10 minutes on simmer until you reach the desired thickness.
- Then pour the coconut milk custard into each tartlet cup and place in the fridge for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
- When ready to serve, top with fresh fruit and mint leaves!
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 350
- Sugar: 15 g
- Sodium: 36.2 mg
- Fat: 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 10.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 41 g
- Fiber: 3.4 g
- Protein: 4.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: mini fruit tarts, vegan mini fruit tarts, paleo mini fruit tarts, gluten free mini fruit tarts