Healthy vegan mini fruit tarts with vanilla custard for the most refreshing spring and summer dessert! Completely dairy free, vegan, and can be made gluten free and Paleo, these fruit tarts are bursting with fresh flavor and are so easy to make!
- 1 serving vegan pie crust
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/3 cup arrowroot powder
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, juice squeezed
- 1 cup mixed berries, sliced
- 2 tbsp mint
- Prepare vegan pie crust according to instructions up until you roll out the dough after refrigeration.
- Grease 6 mini tartlet tins and roll out the dough.
- Cut the dough into 6 circles slightly bigger than the tartlet tin. Roll out the dough again if you need to create more surface area for a circle.
- Gently press the dough into the tartlet pan, adhering it to the edges.
- Poke a few fork holes into the bottom of each tartlet and place all 6 tartlet crusts into the fridge to keep cool while you preheat the oven to 375F.
- When the oven is ready, bake your pie crusts with pie weights on top for about 12-15 minutes, until the pie crust is golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool entirely while making the vanilla custard.
- To make the custard, heat the coconut milk first in a medium sauce. Add in just the cream of the coconut cream can to the coconut milk and stir.
- Add in the maple syrup, vanilla extract, and lemon juice. Bring the mixture to just before a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Immediately sift in the arrowroot powder, about 2 tbsps at a time. Keep stirring for about 7-10 minutes on simmer until you reach the desired thickness.
- Then pour the coconut milk custard into each tartlet cup and place in the fridge for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
- When ready to serve, top with fresh fruit and mint leaves!
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
Keywords: mini fruit tarts, paleo, vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free, fruit