These decadent yet light and fluffy mocha-flavored chocolate mousse bars are made with the simplest pantry ingredients to make them naturally vegan and gluten free! In just 10 minutes and a little setting time in the freezer, you’ll have the fluffiest mousse bars that are the perfect unbelievably vegan dessert!
Chocolate Cookie Crust:
- 2 1/2 cups (250 g) oat flour*
- 1/2 cup (50 g) cocoa powder
- ½ cup (100 g) Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 12 tbsp vegan butter
Chocolate Mocha Mousse Filling:
- 18 ounces cashews, soaked for 12+ hours, preferably overnight
- 1 15-ounce can coconut cream
- 1 cup (250 g) vegan chocolate, melted
- 1 ½ cups (250 g) Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 1/4 cup (32 g) cocoa powder
- 1 ounce espresso + 1 tsp dissolvable espresso powder
- Melted vegan chocolate or vegan ganache
- Chocolate shavings
- Prep: Measure out all ingredients. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Make the crust: In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the crust ingredients until a thick dough forms. Press the dough into the bottom of the prepared baking pan, and set aside.
- Make the filling: In a large high-speed food processor or high-powered blender, pulse together the cashews and coconut cream until a smooth liquid forms. Add in the remaining ingredients, and pulse together until smooth.
- Pour: Pour the prepared mocha mousse filling into the baking pan.
- Chill: Place the baking pan into the freezer to set for 1 hour.
- Slice and serve: Once set, you can remove the mocha mousse bars from the freezer. Slice the bars into 8 or 16 bars. Top with melted vegan chocolate and/or chocolate shavings, and enjoy!
Gluten free: If you can’t use oat flour, you can also swap in gluten free measure for measure flour. Just make sure to heat-treat it first, since these are no bake mousse bars!
Keywords: mousse bars, chocolate mousse bars, vegan chocolate bars, mocha mousse bars