These super easy vegan no bake cheesecake bars are like a Reese’s peanut butter cup in cheesecake form! With a quick and easy gluten free brownie crust and creamy rich peanut butter dairy free cheesecake filling, these vegan cheesecake bars will be your go-to summer dessert!
- 1 1/4 cup (125 g) oat flour*
- 1/4 cup (25 g) cocoa powder
- 6 (100 g) large medjool dates, pitted and soaked in hot water for 5 minutes
- 6 tbsp vegan butter
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Filling:
- 16 ounces dairy free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (120 g) dairy free yogurt
- 1 cup (250 g) creamy smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) unsweetened dairy free milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 serving vegan ganache
- Vegan peanut butter cups + raw peanuts for decoration
- Prep: Measure out all ingredients before beginning. Double line an 8″ square baking pan with parchment paper. After the dates have soaked, drain the water and set the dates aside.
- Make the brownie curst first: In a large food processor, add in all of the brownie crust ingredients. Pulse on high speed until a sticky dough forms. Press the dough into the prepared pan until the crust is even. Set aside.
- Make the peanut butter cheesecake filling: Rinse out the food processor if you’d prefer to use that over a large bowl with hand mixer. In the large food processor or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, cream together the vegan cream cheese, dairy free yogurt, and peanut butter until smooth and fluffy. Add in the sugar, dairy free milk, and vanilla extract, and cream together until smooth and fluffy.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the pan: Pour the prepared cheesecake filling on top of the brownie crust, and smooth the top of the filling. Place the cheesecake bars into the freezer to set for 30 minutes.
- While the cheesecake filling is setting: Prepare the chocolate ganache according to directions. Allow the ganache to cool for a few minutes so that it’s not piping hot. Once room temperature, remove the cheesecake bars from the freezer.
- Pour the ganache on top: Pour the chocolate ganache on top of the no bake cheesecake bars, and spread it evenly to the edges. Top with chopped peanut butter cups and peanuts, then place the cheesecake bars into the fridge to set for 5-6 hours.
- Once set: Remove the cheesecake bars from the fridge. Carefully slice the bars in the pan with a large kitchen knife, being careful not to scrape the pan as well (this will prevent the filling from squishing out between the crust and ganache, since the ganache will be set).
- Serve and enjoy: Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 1 week in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer.
Please see blog post for ingredient substitutions.
Oat flour: I recommend using homemade oat flour. If you use store bought oat flour or swap in all purpose flour, it is imperative that you heat treat the flour before using it.
Keywords: vegan cheesecake bars, no bake cheesecake bars, no-bake cheesecake bars, peanut butter cheesecake