These healthy vegan paleo blueberry muffins are the absolute best! Grain free and nut free, they taste just like your bakery favorite!
- 1 cup sweet potato, baked and skin removed*
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed, mixed with 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1/2 cup coconut or walnut butter, melted if coconut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp baking powder, or paleo baking powder alternative
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a large muffin tin with liners.
- In a large food processor or bowl, puree sweet potato.
- Add in coconut milk, ground flax, coconut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Puree until completely mixed.
- Add in the remaining ingredients, except for blueberries, and puree.
- Fold in blueberries to the batter.
- Distribute batter evenly amongst 6 muffin cups.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
*see article on how to bake a sweet potato for the best method for this recipe.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 large muffin
- Calories: 253
- Sugar: 10
- Sodium: 772
- Fat: 16
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 25
- Fiber: 7
- Protein: 7
Keywords: sweet potato, grain free, blueberry muffins, vegan, paleo, gluten free, dairy free, egg free