These super easy soft and chewy vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are loaded with pumpkin spice, real pumpkin, and of course chocolate chips! Super easy to make, easily gluten free and ready in 15 minutes for the perfect fall dessert!
- 1 2/3 cup all purpose flour or gluten free 1:1 baking flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup vegan butter, room temperature
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce, room temperature
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Please read through all instructions before beginning.
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Measure out all ingredients.
- Whisk: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Make the dough: In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to cream together the vegan butter and coconut sugar until creamy, about 2-3 minutes. Then add in the pumpkin puree and applesauce, and cream together again. Add in the flour mixture, and use a rubber spatula to fold together just until the dry ingredients are incorporated into the dough. Add in the chocolate chips, and fold into the dough. The dough should be slightly tacky but not sticking to your hand. Chill for 20-30 minutes.
- Bake the cookies: Use a medium (1 1/2 tbsp) cookie scoop to scoop the dough onto the parchment paper and separate the cookies by about 2 inches. You should have about 18 cookies, depending on how big the dough ball sizes are. Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 11-14 minutes, or until the edges are set and slightly browned. I bake mine for exactly 13 minutes, as that’s when the centers are just set in my oven.
- Cool the cookies: Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to rest on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve and enjoy! Once baked, you can enjoy these cookies warm or store them in an airtight container and in the fridge for up to 5 days or up to 3 months in the freezer.
Pumpkin Pie Spice: You can also make a DIY pumpkin pie spice if you’re having trouble finding it in stores.
Keywords: vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin cookies, healthy pumpkin cookies