These soft and chewy pumpkin oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are full of pumpkin spice and nutty dairy free brown butter! So quick and easy to make!
- 1 1/2 cups (220 g) all-purpose flour* (see notes for gluten free)
- 1 1/2 cups (150 g) rolled oats, gluten free certified if needed
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice blend
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup (220 g) vegan butter, melted* (see notes for browned butter option)
- 3/4 cup (150 g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (120 g) pumpkin puree
- 3 tbsp dairy free yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (220 g) mini vegan chocolate chips
- 1 bar vegan chocolate, chopped
- Prep: Read through all instructions before beginning. Measure out all ingredients.
- Whisk the wet ingredients: In a large bowl, whisk together the melted veganbutter (see notes for browned butter option), brown sugar, granulated sugar, pumpkin puree, dairy free yogurt, and vanilla extract. Then add in the salt , pumpkin spice blend, bakingsoda, and baking powder, and whisk again until combined.
- Finish the cookie dough: Add in the flour and rolled oats, and use a silicone spatula to fold the dry ingredients into the wet JUST until there are almost no more clumps of dry ingredients. Then add in the veganchocolate chips and chopped vegan chocolate bar, and fold again until the chocolate is evenly distributed throughout the cookie dough.
- Chill: Cover the cookie dough and chill the pumpkin cookie dough in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.
- When ready to bake: Preheat the oven to 375F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop the cookie dough: Use a small cookie scoop to scoop 2 scoops of cookie dough, and roll them together. Alternatively, you can use a medium cookie scoop and scoop just once per cookie. Place the cookie dough onto the baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart. Press any additional chocolate chips on top.
- Bake: Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are lightly golden brown and crisp, but the middles still look soft. Remove the cookies from the oven, and let cool on the baking pan for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy! Serve these pumpkin oatmeal chocolate chip cookies warm and enjoy! Store any leftovers in an airtight container and in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Gluten free: Use a gluten-free flour blend, like King Arthur Measure-for-Measure gluten free baking flour and certified gluten free rolled oats.
Brown butter: Heat the vegan butter in a saucepan on the stove until melted and the fats in the butter turn a golden brown. Remove the pan from the heat, and let cool for a few minutes before incorporating into the cookie dough.
Keywords: pumpkin oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, vegan pumpkin cookies, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal pumpkin chocolate chip cookies