This super creamy vegan pumpkin pasta is full of vegan cheesy and warming spices goodness! So easy to make, no blending required, and ready in just 20 minutes, this dairy free pumpkin pasta is the perfect cozy fall dinner recipe or holiday meal!
- 10 ounces dry fettuccine pasta*
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 1 tbsp chopped sage
- 225 grams pumpkin puree, room temperature
- 8 ounces vegan cream cheese, room temperature*
- 100 ml unsweetened oat milk
- 100 ml pasta water
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Pinch cardamom
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh sage leaves, vegan parmesan, pepper for garnish
- Measure out all ingredients before beginning. Make sure to also read through the instructions before beginning as well!
- Make the pasta: bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil with a drop of olive oil and sea salt. Add in the fettuccine and cook the pasta according to the package directions or until al dente. Strain the pasta and make sure to reserve 1/2 cup (100 mL) pasta water for the sauce. Set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, brown the garlic: to a large saucepan, heat the olive oil on medium-high. Add in the minced garlic, rosemary, and sage, cooking until the garlic is lightly browned and fragrant. Check on the pasta to make sure it’s cooking to al dente.
- Make the creamy pumpkin pasta sauce: once the pasta is cooked and strained (reserving the 1/2 cup water), reduce the heat on the sauce to medium and add in the pumpkin puree, vegan cream cheese, dairy free milk, pasta water, nutmeg, allspice, and ground ginger. Use a whisk to stir in the saucepan gently until the cream cheese begins to melt into the pumpkin puree, and the mixture becomes creamy and even. Add in the sea salt and pepper to taste, whisking together.
- Add in the pasta: once the pumpkin pasta sauce is creamy and warm, add in the cooked pasta, and use tongs or a large fork to toss the noodles in the sauce.
- Serve the pasta: once the pasta is evenly coated in the sauce, serve immediately with fresh sage, grated vegan parmesan, and pepper. Serve, and enjoy!
- Storage: store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Gluten free pasta: I recommend Jovial Foods for a great vegan and gluten free pasta brand.
Vegan cream cheese: for a nut free, amazing tasting vegan cream cheese, I recommend Violife Foods.
Keywords: vegan pumpkin pasta