Easy and delicious vegan pumpkin sugar cookies with a simple vanilla icing! Completely gluten free and dairy free, these cookies are fun to make and perfect for the holidays!
Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free 1-to-1 baking flour (swap in all-purpose flour for regular and cassava flour for Paleo, at equal ratios)
- 1/2 cup vegan butter or coconut oil, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2–3 tbsp almond or coconut milk
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, spices, sugar, and arrowroot powder.
- Fold in the remaining wet ingredients and mix until it’s a thick and consistent dough.
- Shape the dough into a flat and thick disk, wrap it with plastic wrap or parchment paper, and place it into the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- When the dough is ready, roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface and with a floured rolling pin until it’s about 1/4 of an inch thick.
- Use the pumpkin cookie cutter to cut pumpkin shaped cookies, and place them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place the cookies into the fridge again to chill while the oven preheats to 350F.
- Place the cookies into the oven and bake for 7-9 minutes, or until set.
- Remove and let cool for 20-30 minutes before icing.
- To make the icing, whisk together the powdered sugar and dairy free milk until thick. It should not be runny.
- Spoon the icing into the piping bags and pipe your designs.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin sugar cookies, pumpkin cookies, vegan pumpkin cookies, gluten free pumpkin cookies, how to decorate pumpkin sugar cookies