These soft, chewy, and slightly tangy rich red velvet cookies are speckled with vegan white chocolate chips, and are naturally dairy free and eggless! Super easy to make and like eating a slice of red velvet cake in cookie form!
- 113 grams vegan butter, room temperature
- 100 grams granulated sugar
- 80 grams brown sugar
- 85 grams unsweetened dairy free yogurt, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp vegan red food coloring
- 170 grams all purpose flour or gluten free 1:1 baking flour, sifted and spoon & leveled
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 170 grams vegan whitechocolate chips*
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add in vegan butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar,and use a hand mixer to cream for 3-5 minutes, until light and fluffy. Then add in the dairy free yogurt, vanilla, and red food coloring. Use a hand mixer to cream together the wet ingredients together until completely combined.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, cream of tartar, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Use a rubber spatula to fold together. You should have a thick and consistent dough.
- Fold in vegan white chocolate chips. Chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Using a cookie scoop, and roll about 1.5 tablespoons of dough per cookie for regular sized cookies, or 3 tablespoons of dough for large cookies onto the sheet.
- Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes (my oven, I bake them exactly 11 minutes each time for large cookies) or until the edges are a slightly darker red and are “set.” The middles shouldn’t be dough-y looking, but if they’re still soft, that’s perfectly fine.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. This allows the cookies to firm up to hold together.
- Sprinkle with extra white chocolate chips and enjoy! Store these cookies at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 4 days, a week in the fridge, or a month in the freezer.
Vegan white chocolate chips: I used Pascha Chocolate’s vegan white chocolate chips- they’re amazing!
Keywords: red velvet cookies, red velvet white chocolate chip cookies, vegan red velvet cookies