Basically the best of a snicerkdoodle cookie in cookie bar form, these chewy and soft snickerdoodle blondies are full of sweet cinnamon with a slight tang! Like the classic holiday cookie, but a blondie and entirely vegan, eggless, and dairy free!
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup vegan butter, room temperature
- 1 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup unsalted aquafaba
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup vegan white chocolate chips*
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Please read through all instructions before beginning.
- Prep: Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper and set aside. Preheat the oven to 350F. Measure out all ingredients. Whisk together the cinnamon and sugar in the cinnamon sugar mixture section, and set aside.
- Whisk: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cream of tartar, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Make the batter: In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to cream together the vegan butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Then add in the applesauce, aquafaba, and vanilla extract, and mix again on medium speed until combined. Add in the flour mixture, and use a silicone spatula to fold gently into your wet mixture. Be careful not to over mix and stop right before you’ve fully mixed in the flour.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips: Add in the white chocolate chips and half of the cinnamon sugar mixture, and fold gently, being careful not to over-mix.
- Spread the batter in the pan: Spread the batter into your prepared baking pan, and top with the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture. You can also add more vegan white chocolate chips on top if desired.
- Bake: Bake the snickerdoodle blondies for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow the blondies to cool for 10 minutes in the pan.
- Slice and enjoy! Slice your vegan snickerdoodle blondies and enjoy! Store in an airtight container and in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Gluten-free: You can swap in gluten free 1:1 baking flour, such as Bob’s Red Mill, for an entirely gluten free vegan snickerdoodle blondie.
Vegan white chocolate chips: I used Pascha Chocolate’s vegan white chocolate chips- they’re AMAZING.
Aquafaba: This is the chickpea water/brine from your can or jar of chickpeas. Make sure that it’s unsalted.
Keywords: snickerdoodle blondies, vegan snickerdoodles, vegan blondies