These soft, chewy, and deliciously sweet sugar cookie bars are made entirely without eggs and dairy, and topped with the creamiest vegan cream cheese frosting! No chilling required- all of the sweet sugar cookie flavors without the hassle of cutting out the cookies!
- 3/4 cup (168 g) unsalted vegan butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup (300 g) organic granulated sugar or coconut sugar*
- 1/3 cup (84 g) unsweetened applesauce or dairy free yogurt, room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract (optional, omit if nut-free)
- 2 1/4 cups (300 g) all purpose flour or gluten free 1:1 baking flour*
- 1 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot starch
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 1/2 cup vegan sprinkles, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 batch vegan cream cheese frosting
- 1–2 drops vegan red food coloring or beet powder
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350F. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper and oil. Measure out all ingredients.
- Whisk: In a large bowl, whisk together the vegan butter, sugar, yogurt, vanilla extract and almond extract.
- Fold: Add in the flour, baking powder, cornstarch, and sea salt, and use a silicone spatula to fold the dry ingredients into the wet, JUST until the wet are incorporated.
- Add in the sprinkles: Pour in the sprinkles, and fold again just until evenly distributed.
- Bake: Spoon the dough into the prepared baking dish and use the back of your spatula to spread to the edges of the pan. Bake for 25-26 minutes, or until the edges are just lightly golden. Remove from the oven.
- Cool: Cool the bars in the pan for 10 minutes. Then transfer to a cooling rack to cool COMPLETELY before frosting. There should be no warmth whatsoever!
- Make the frosting: Make the vegan cream cheese frosting according to instructions, adding in the vegan food coloring along with the vanilla.
- Frost and serve! Spread the frosting onto the bars. You can chill the bars for 20-30 minutes in the fridge to set the frosting more before slicing. Sprinkle additional sprinkles on top, slice and serve!
- Storage: Store any leftovers in an airtight container or bag for up to 5 days in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer.
Gluten Free: I recommend using King Arthur measure for measure gluten free flour. It produces the most consistent results!
Keywords: sugar cookie bars, sugar cookie bar, vegan cookie bar, cookie bars, vegan sugar cookies