Easy and delicious vegan sweet potato pie that’s lightly sweetened with maple syrup and an absolute showstopper at any holiday, Thanksgiving, or Christmas table! Completely vegan, dairy free, and with the option of being Paleo and/or gluten free!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, or gluten free 1-to-1 baking flour or cassava flour
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 5–7 tbsp chilled water
Sweet Potato Pie Filling:
- 2 cups pureed sweet potato
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- First prepare the pie crust. Whisk together the flour, arrowroot powder, coconut sugar and baking soda.
- Add in the softened coconut oil, and cut the coconut oil into the flour until the mixture resembles a softened sand like texture.
- Add in the chilled water and combine until it’s a thick dough. Chill the dough for 1 hour before rolling out.
- When the dough is ready to be rolled, let it soften for a few minutes then roll it to 1″ large in diameter than your pie dish. Place the pie dough into the pie dish and press the dough lightly into the sides of the dish. Place the pie dough back into the fridge to chill while you prepare the sweet potato filling.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and in a large bowl, use a hand mixer to puree the sweet potato if you haven’t already.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and beat the mixture until well combined.
- Pour the filling into the chilled pie crust and place the pie into the oven to bake.
- Bake the pie for about 20 minutes uncovered, then cover the pie crust edges with either tin foil or a pie crust shield, and continue to bake for another 25-30 minutes.
- Remove the pie from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes before you place it into the fridge to set for 3-4 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sweet potato pie, vegan sweet potato pie, healthy pie crust recipe