Deliciously creamy vegan sweet potato pie is a twist on the traditional Southern sweet potato pie! Completely dairy free and gluten free, this easy sweet potato pie is smooth and rich while being packed with sweet cinnamon! Perfect for any holiday, Thanksgiving, or Christmas table! Completely vegan, dairy free, and with the option of being Paleo and/or gluten free!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, or gluten free 1-to-1 baking flour or cassava flour
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 5–7 tbsp chilled water
Sweet Potato Pie Filling:
- 2 cups pureed sweet potato
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- Follow the directions for making the flaky vegan pie crust here, preparing the pie crust up until it is par-baked and ready to fill (Step 9).
- Change the temperature of the oven to 350F.
- In a food processor, add all of the ingredients in and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust and place the pie into the oven to bake.
- Bake the pie for about 20 minutes covered with either tin foil or a pie crust shield then uncover the pie crust edges, and continue to bake for another 25 minutes.
- Remove the pie from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes before you place it into the fridge to set for 3-4 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: vegan sweet potato pie, sweet potato pie, homemade sweet potato pie, easy sweet potato pie recipe, southern sweet potato pie