The ultimate vegan white chocolate cake recipe that doesn’t taste vegan! It’s entirely dairy free with a fluffy vegan buttercream and easily decorated to be a fun and festive holiday cake!
- 3 1/2 cups cake flour or gluten free 1:1 baking flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups dairy free milk with 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar, room temperature
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce, room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegan white chocolate, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 batch vegan buttercream
- Marzipan, cookies, sugar coated cranberries, etc. to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line and flour three 8″ cake pans with parchment paper, oil, and flour.
- Make sure that the vegan white chocolate is melted and is not warm to touch. Prepare the vegan buttermilk by mixing together the dairy free milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add in the vegan buttermilk, unsweetened applesauce, vegan white chocolate, and vanilla extract. Use a rubber spatula to mix the batter until there are no dry streaks of flour left. You can also use a stand mixer here.
- Divide the batter amongst the cake pans evenly. Lightly tap the pans onto the countertop to release any air bubbles.
- Place the cake pans into the oven to bake for 35-36 minutes, or until the tops of the cakes are lightly golden. The toothpick should come out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cakes to cool in the pans for 10 minutes. Then transfer the cakes to a cooling rack to cool completely before frosting.
- Once the cakes have completely cooled, you can begin to make the vegan buttercream. Prepare the vegan buttercream frosting according to directions.
- Frost the cake: spread about 3/4-1 cup of frosting onto the first layer, place the second cake layer on top and repeat. Place the third layer on top and frost the cake with the remaining frosting.
- Decorate the cake with marzipan dough, sugared cranberries, mini gingerbread houses, and more.
- Slice and serve!
Keywords: white chocolate cake, white chocolate cake recipe, vegan Christmas cake, vegan white chocolate cake