Super rich and tender white chocolate raspberry cake is the ultimate summer cake indulgence! With the most perfect texture, sweet vanilla and white chocolate notes, and bursting with fresh berries, this white chocolate cake is perfect for any summer birthday, graduation, wedding, and more! Topped with a white chocolate buttercream and guess what?! This cake is entirely and undetectably vegan and dairy free!
Vegan White Chocolate Raspberry Cake
- 1 cup (240 grams) unsweetened dairy-free milk, room temperature
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 ounces vegan white chocolate, melted + cooled to room temperature
- 2 cups (340 grams) fresh raspberries + 2 tbsp flour
- 3 2/3 cups (460 grams) all-purpose flour or gluten free 1:1 baking flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (170 grams) salted vegan butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup (190 grams) unsweetened applesauce, room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract or 1 tsp vanilla powder
Vegan White Chocolate Buttercream:
- 1 cup (226 grams) vegan butter, room temperature
- 4 cups (500 grams) powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 ounces vegan white chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Decorations: More white chocolate for decorative drip, raspberries, flowers, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease three 6″ cake pans with cooking oil, and line them with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Make sure to measure and weigh out all ingredients before beginning. Prepare the vegan buttermilk. Combine the dairy free milk with the apple cider vinegar, and set aside to sit for 5-6 minutes. You can weigh and measure the remaining ingredients during this time. Make sure the vegan white chocolate is melted and set aside to cool. In a small or medium bowl, toss the raspberries with the 2 tablespoons of flour, and set aside.
- Make the batter: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside. In a stand mixer with paddle attachment or a large bowl with hand mixer, cream together the vegan butter and sugar until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Scrape down the sides as needed. Then add in the applesauce, melted vegan white chocolate and vanilla extract. Mix again on medium speed until combined, scraping down the sides and at the bottom of the bowl as needed. Add in about half of the dry mixture, along with half of the vegan buttermilk, and mix on medium speed until just combined. Add in the remaining dry mixture and vegan buttermilk, and mix on medium speed until there are just no more dry streaks. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl as well as the sides. Remove the bowl from the stand mixer if using one and add in the raspberries. Use a rubber spatula to gently fold the raspberries into the cake batter, being careful not to over mix the cake.
- Divide the batter between the three cake pans evenly, and bake for 45 minutes in 6″ cake pans, or until the toothpick comes out clean. (for three 8″ cake pans, bake for 35-40)
- Remove from the oven and allow the cakes to cool in their pans for 10 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely. Once cooled completely (there is absolutely no warmth to the touch!), then you can prepare your white chocolate buttercream.
Vegan White Chocolate Buttercream:
- When ready to frost the cakes, make sure the additional white chocolate is melted and cooled. Add vegan butter to a large bowl or stand mixer and cream for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in 1 cup of powdered sugar at a time, continuing the beat the mixture until it’s a thick buttercream.
- Add in vanilla and white chocolate, and continue to beat until desired texture.
- Frost cake and enjoy!
Vegan White Chocolate: good tasting vegan white chocolate is really hard to find. You can make your own vegan white chocolate, but it will contain nuts. If you want a nut-free white chocolate, I recommend (and used!) Pascha Organics Vegan White Chocolate. It’s the closest to the real deal!
Cake Pans: you can make this into a 6″ cake or an 8″ cake.
Keywords: white chocolate raspberry cake, vegan white chocolate, vegan raspberry cake, white chocolate and raspberry cake