These easy apple pie overnight oats taste like you’re eating dessert for breakfast, but are secretly healthy, gluten free, and loaded with protein! Perfect for meal prep or a quick breakfast on the go!
- 1 1/2 cups organic sprouted or rolled oats
- 2 medium apples, cored and sliced in half
- 1–2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup organic grass-fed Greek yogurt
- Extra apples, cinnamon, and nut butter for toppings
- 2 tbsp dairy free or regular milk to stir when ready to eat
- Prepare the baked apples first by preheating the oven to 375F and lining a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Brush each apple half with coconut oil and 1 tbsp cinnamon.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until soft.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. When ready to puree, place the baked apples in a food processor or high powered blender and puree until it’s a smooth apple sauce (you can leave the skin on for extra nutrients). Set the applesauce aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oats, remaining cinnamon, and sea salt.
- Add in the pureed apples, Greek yogurt, and vanilla extract, and mix until well combined.
- Cover and place in the fridge overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- When ready to serve, add in 1-2 tbsp of dairy free or regular milk to each serving of apple pie overnight oats and top with desired toppings.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of oatmeal without toppings
- Calories: 263
- Sugar: 10
- Sodium: 35
- Fat: 6
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 42
- Fiber: 7
- Protein: 12
Keywords: apple pie, overnight oats, apple spice oatmeal, oatmeal, gluten free, healthy, low sugar