Ultra rich pumpkin brownies swirled with a vegan pumpkin cheesecake for the ultimate pumpkin dessert! You’ll never know these healthy brownies are Paleo and lower in sugar! Easy to make and the perfect fall treat for all taste buds!
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, or vegan butter
- 3/4 cup 100% dark chocolate chips, or your favorite chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup cassava flour, or all-purpose flour or gluten-free 1-to-1 flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature, or 3 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp baking powder, or Paleo baking powder*
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, or cinnamon
- Optional: 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a 8×8 baking dish with olive oil or coconut oil, and line with parchment paper if desired.
- In microwave safe bowl, heat coconut oil until melted and warm (should not be scalding hot, just warm to touch).
- Add in chocolate chips and mix together until completely melted.
- Transfer the coconut oil chocolate mixture to a large bowl and add in cacao powder and coconut sugar. Stir until completely dissolved.
- Add in vanilla extract and eggs or ground flaxseed and mix until completely combine. The batter might start to become clumpy at this point. This is okay, as it will smooth out when the coconut milk is added.
- Sift in the cassava flour and mix until well combined.
- Pour in the coconut milk, and use a hand mixer to beat the batter until smooth. You should now have a thick and smooth brownie batter.
- Pour the brownie batter into the baking dish and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together the pumpkin puree, vegan cream cheese, spices, and cassava flour (and additional maple syrup if desired) until smooth.
- Drop dollops of pumpkin cheesecake batter onto the brownie batter and swirl it together. Be careful not to over swirl, as then you won’t be able to discern the pumpkin cheesecake parts.
- Place the brownies into the oven to bake for 21-23 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before slicing.
Paleo baking powder: combine 1 tsp baking soda with 2 tsp vinegar and let it sit until it starts to activate by bubbling. Pour into the batter in place of the baking powder.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin brownies, pumpkin cheesecake brownies, pumpkin swirl brownies, Paleo brownies, dairy free, gluten free, vegan