Ultra rich healthy vegan pumpkin brownies swirled with a vegan pumpkin cheesecake for the ultimate pumpkin dessert! You’ll never know this pumpkin vegan brownie recipe is eggless, dairy free, easily gluten free, and lower in sugar! Easy to make and the perfect fall dessert!
- 100 grams all-purpose flour or gluten free 1:1 baking flour
- 60 grams cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 113 grams vegan butter or coconut oil, melted
- 160 grams granulated sugar or coconut sugar
- 85 grams unsweetened applesauce, room temperature or 2 tbsp ground flaxseed with 1/3 cup water
- 60 grams aquafaba from UNSALTED chickpeas
- 170 grams vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, or cinnamon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350F and line an 8×8″ pan with parchment paper.
- Make the brownie batter: In a large bowl, add in the melted vegan butter or coconut oil, sugar, applesauce, and aquafaba. Use a hand mixer to cream together on medium speed until combined. Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder, and use a rubber spatula to gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients OR use your hand mixer again to mix on low speed. Be sure not to over-mix- the batter should be just mixed. Use a rubber spatula to fold in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed (being careful not to over-mix). Pour the batter into the pan and spread the brownie batter to touch the edges of the pan. Set aside.
- Make the pumpkin swirl: In a medium bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together the pumpkin puree, vegan cream cheese, spices, and remaining 2 tbsp cassava flour (and additional maple syrup if desired) until smooth.
- Swirl the pumpkin cheesecake topping: Drop dollops of pumpkin cheesecake batter onto the brownie batter and swirl it together. Be careful not to over swirl, as then you won’t be able to discern the pumpkin cheesecake parts.
- Bake: Place the pan into the oven and bake for 20-22 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean. If you bake these brownies longer, they will be more cake-y than fudgy. Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes in the pan to cool.
- Enjoy! Slice and serve! Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days or in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Paleo baking powder: combine 1 tsp baking soda with 2 tsp vinegar and let it sit until it starts to activate by bubbling. Pour into the batter in place of the baking powder.
Gluten free: Use gluten free 1:1 baking flour, such as Bob’s Red Mill in the blue bag.
Aquafaba: Make sure your aquafaba is from a can of UNSALTED chickpeas. OR you can make your own aquafaba!
Keywords: pumpkin brownies, healthy pumpkin brownies, vegan pumpkin brownies, pumpkin desserts