This is the BEST vegan banana bread recipe. Made in one bowl, everyone will love this super moist classic vegan banana bread!
- 2 cups (250 grams) sifted flour or gluten free 1:1 baking flour
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 1/2 cups or 300 grams)
- 2/3 cup (120 grams) granulated or coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) dairy-free milk, such as oat milk or coconut milk, room temperature
- 1/3 cup (76 grams) vegan butter, coconut oil, or olive oil, melted if butter or coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: 1 cup (170 grams) chocolate chips, 1 large banana, sliced in half for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease an 8″ or 9″ loaf pan with coconut oil or olive oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sifted flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana if you haven’t already. Then add in the sugar, dairy-free milk, melted vegan butter, and vanilla extract. Whisk together.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined. Fold in optional chocolate chips here as well.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan, and top with the extra banana if desired.
- Place the pan into the oven and bake for 65-70 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean and the top of the banana bread is slightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and allow the vegan banana bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing.
- Slice and serve warm. Store any leftover slices in an airtight bag or container for up to 5 days in the fridge or up to 1 month in the freezer.
- To make this lower in fat, swap in 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce for the vegan butter.
- To make this even lower in sugar, you can safely reduce the sugar to 1/2 cup.
Keywords: vegan banana bread, best vegan banana bread, vegan banana bread recipe, easy vegan banana bread, moist vegan banana bread, vegan banana loaf, healthy vegan banana bread