This easy vegan banana cake is so moist and sweet, yet is sweetened naturally and can easily be made gluten free! Topped with a vegan peanut butter frosting, you’ll fall in love with this healthy banana cake!
Vegan Banana Cake:
- 3 cups organic flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup almond milk, room temperature
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup maple syrup, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
Vegan Peanut Butter Frosting:
- 1/3 cup peanut butter, smooth
- 1/3 cup vegan butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2–3 tbsp coconut cream
- Preheat the oven to 375F and grease a 7×11 inch pan with coconut or olive oil.
- Add apple cider vinegar to the almond or coconut milk and let it sit while preparing the other ingredients.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sea salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat together almond milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- Fold in mashed bananas to the whisked flour until it resembles a crumbly texture.
- Add in about 1/3 of the wet mixture into the crumbly flour and mix thoroughly. Add in another 1/3 and continue mixing. Finally, add in the final 1/3 of the wet mixture and mix until it’s a thick batter.
- Pour banana batter into the sheet cake pan and place into the oven.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before completely frosting.
Making the Peanut Butter Frosting:
- When ready to frost, beat together the butter, peanut butter, coconut cream, and coconut sugar until smooth.
- For a smoother texture, add in more coconut cream by the tablespoon.
- Frost your vegan banana cake and enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 square
- Calories: 310
- Sugar: 22
- Sodium: 347
- Fat: 10
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Unsaturated Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 51
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 5
Keywords: banana cake, sheet cake, vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free, healthy dessert