These easy and delicious vegan Belgian waffles are a healthy weekend brunch dream! Made with oat flour and completely gluten free, these oil free waffles are perfect for kids and adults alike!
- 3 cups coarsely ground oat flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar or cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon arrowroot starch or cornstarch (optional, but recommended)
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed *mixed with 1/2 cup water, set for 5 minutes
- 1 1/3 cup dairy free milk *mixed with 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil for waffle machine
- Toppings of choice: berries, coconut cream, chocolate chips, nut or seed butter
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and arrowroot together.
- Add in the ground flaxseed mixture, dairy free milk mixture, and vanilla extract. Mix until there are no more clumps of flour.
- Heat the waffle machine and brush the cooking oil onto the waffle machine. Let the oil sit there for a minute to heat.
- Prepare the waffles according to your waffle machine. I recommend using 1/2 cup-2/3 cup batter per waffle.
- Gently remove the waffle from the machine and serve with desired toppings.
Keywords: vegan belgian waffles, vegan gluten free waffles, healthy waffle recipe, oil free vegan waffles