These amazingly easy monster cookie bars are like a vegan monster cookie in bar form! With all of the classic flavors of creamy peanut butter, oats, and gooey chocolate, these candy loaded cookie bars are undetectably eggless, gluten free, and dairy free, and perfect for a quick and easy healthy dessert!
- 150 grams all purpose flour or gluten free 1:1 baking flour
- 90 grams rolled oats, gluten free as needed
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 115 grams vegan butter, room temperature
- 100 grams granulated sugar
- 100 grams coconut sugar
- 80 grams unsweetened applesauce, room temperature
- 240 grams creamy salted peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegan candy gems
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Please read all instructions before beginning.
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350F. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside. Measure out all ingredients.
- Whisk the dry ingredients: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Make the dough: In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to cream together the vegan butter, sugar, and coconut sugar until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Then add in the unsweetened applesauce, peanut butter, and vanilla extract, and cream together until combined. Add in the flour mixture, and use a rubber spatula to fold almost until all of the dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Fold in the add-ins: Add the chocolate gems and chocolate chips to the bowl, and fold them into the dough just until they are evenly distributed, and the flour mixture is just mixed in.
- Bake the monster cookie bars: Use the rubber spatula to spoon and spread the dough into the prepared baking pan. Place the pan into the oven to bake for 30-32 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Slice and serve: Remove the cookie bars from the oven. Allow them to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to slice and serve. Enjoy!
- Storage: Store any leftovers in an airtight container and in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Gluten free: Use gluten free 1:1 baking flour here to make this recipe entirely gluten-free. If you’d like to use oat flour, you can check out my oatmeal cookie bar recipe and add in the chocolate gems. It won’t have the peanut butter combination, however.
Vegan chocolate gems: I used Unreal vegan candy coated chocolate gems. If you’d just like to use chocolate chips that’s fine as well.
Vegan chocolate chips: I recommend Pascha chocolate for the best tasting vegan chocolate chips, as well as the best brand in terms of Fair Trade/Organic. They also have stevia-sweetened and 100%.
Vegan butter: The best flavor vegan butter and most consistent with regular butter is Miyoko’s. Highly recommend! For nut-free, I recommend Flora Plant Butter.
Keywords: monster cookie bars, easy monster cookies, vegan monster cookies, peanut butter chocolate bars