Incredibly easy and fluffy vegan pumpkin pancakes that make for the perfect healthy fall breakfast! Ready in under 10 minutes and full of pumpkin spice, these are the best pumpkin pancakes hands down!
- 1 1/4 cup flour or gluten free 1:1 baking flour or oat flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice (or a blend of cinnamon, ground ginger, cardamom, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup vegan buttermilk (1 cup dairy free milk, such as oat milk mixed with 1 tsp apple cider vinegar)*
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, coconut sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and baking powder.
- Add in the vegan buttermilk mixture, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract. Mix together until the dry is just incorporated into the wet. You should have a consistent and thick batter.
- Heat a pancake griddle or pan with coconut oil or olive oil, and spoon about 1/4-1/3 cup of pancake batter per pancake onto the griddle.
- Cook for 2 minutes, or until the edges of the pancake have begun to “set.” Flip the pancake and cook on the other side for another 1 minutes. Remove from the pancake griddle and serve.
- Top with desired toppings, such as vegan butter, chocolate chips, and maple syrup, and enjoy! Store any leftovers in an airtight container or bag and in the freezer for up to 1 month.
* To make the vegan buttermilk, combine your choice of dairy free milk with the apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice). Allow the mixture to sit for 5-7 minutes to curdle then use in the recipe.
Keywords: vegan pumpkin pancakes, healthy pumpkin pancakes, easy pumpkin pancakes, vegan pancakes, pumpkin spice pancakes