The best healthy apple crisp recipe you’ll ever make! With no added sugar to the apples and sweetened lightly with maple syrup in the crumble, this is an easy apple crisp recipe that’s perfect for everyone!
- 4–5 medium Gala apples, skin removed and sliced thin
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp pumpkin spice or mix of cardamon, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- 1 cup rolled oats (gluten free if necessary)
- 1/3 cup cassava flour (or oat flour, or gluten free flour blend, or all-purpose flour)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice or blend of cardamom, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup walnut halves (or sub in nut-free alternative, such as pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, or omit all together)
- 1/4 cup pecan halves (or sub in nut-free alternative, such as pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, or omit all together)
- extra coconut oil to grease skillet
- Preheat the oven to 375F and grease a 10″ cast iron skillet with coconut oil (this will also work with a 13″ cast iron skillet or a glass pie dish).
- In a large bowl, combine the apple slices, lemon juice, and 1 tbsp cinnamon with 1/2 tbsp pumpkin spice or spice blend. Once coated evenly, set aside to make the crisp.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, and spices.
- Add in the maple syrup and melted coconut oil, and combine until all dry ingredients have been absorbed.
- To make the apple crisp, add the sliced apples to the skillet first, then top with crumble topping until all of the apples have been covered.
- Cover with tin foil and place into the oven to bake for 20 minutes, then remove the tin foil and bake the apple crisp for another 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from oven using an oven mix and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite ice cream and enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/8th of apple crisp
- Calories: 294
- Sugar: 15
- Fat: 15
- Saturated Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 38
- Fiber: 6
- Protein: 5
Keywords: apple crisp, healthy apple crisp recipe, oatmeal crips, apple crumble, vegan, gluten free, dairy free