The best healthy apple crisp recipe you’ll ever make! No added sugar to the apples and topped with a cinnamon rolled oat crumble, this easy vegan apple crisp is ready in under an hour, naturally low in sugar, gluten free, and the perfect healthy fall dessert!
- 4–5 medium Gala apples, skin removed and sliced thin
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp pumpkin spice or mix of cardamon, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- 1 cup rolled oats (gluten free if necessary)
- 1/3 cup oat flour or all purpose flour or gluten free 1:1 baking flour
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice or blend of cardamom, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice
- 1/3 cup coconut oil or vegan butter , melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Optional: 1/4 cup pecan halves (or sub in nut-free alternative, such as pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, or omit all together)
- Please read through all instructions before beginning.
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 375F and grease a medium sized casserole dish or cast iron skillet with oil. Set aside. Make sure the apples are peeled and sliced thinly. Measure out all remaining ingredients.
- Make the apple crisp filling: In a large bowl, combine the apple slices, lemon juice, and 1 tbsp cinnamon with 1/2 tbsp pumpkin spice or spice blend. Once coated evenly, pour into your prepared casserole dish, and set aside.
- Make the oat crisp crumble: In a medium bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, and spices. Add in the maple syrup and melted coconut oil, and combine until all dry ingredients have been absorbed. Add in your nuts and/or seeds here as well.
- Assemble the apple crisp: top the apple slices with the crumble topping until all of the apples have been covered.
- Bake: Cover with tin foil and place into the oven to bake for 30 minutes, then remove the tin foil and bake the apple crisp for another 18-20 minutes. Remove from oven using an oven mix and let cool for 10 minutes. You can carefully place a piece of tinfoil back over to maintain moisture.
- Serve and enjoy! Serve with your favorite ice cream! Store any leftovers in an air tight container for up to 5 days in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1/8th of apple crisp (no nuts)
- Calories: 223
- Sugar: 15.9 g
- Sodium: 4.1 mg
- Fat: 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 33.1 g
- Fiber: 4.7 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: healthy apple crisp, healthy apple crisp recipe, vegan apple crisp, vegan gluten free apple crisp, healthy oat crumble topping