These super chewy and sweet healthy oatmeal chocolate chip bars are just 7 ingredients, full of melty chocolate chips, and the perfect easy cookie bar recipe! Naturally vegan, eggless, dairy free, and refined sugar free, yet you’d never know it!
- 160 grams rolled oats
- 160 grams all-purpose flour (see note for gluten-free oat flour version)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 150 grams unsweetened applesauce, room temperature
- 120 grams maple syrup, room temperature
- 113 grams vegan butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F, and line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper and oil.
- Measure out all ingredients before beginning.
- Whisk the dry ingredients: in a medium bowl, whisk together the oat flour, rolled oats, arrowroot starch, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Set aside.
- Mix the wet ingredients: in a large bowl, cream together the vegan butter and maple syrup, about 2-3 minutes. Then add in the applesauce and vanilla extract and mix again.
- Fold in the dry ingredients: add the dry ingredients to the wet and use a rubber spatula to gently fold together. The mixture will be very thick like a dough. If needed, you can add an additional 2 tbsp of dairy free milk. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake the cookie bars: press the dough into the baking pan and bake the oatmeal bars for 25-27 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven, and allow the cookie bars to cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve: slice and serve the oatmeal cookie bars with a sprinkle of sea salt. Enjoy!
Gluten free oat flour: instead of using 160 grams all-purpose flour, replace with 170 grams oat flour + 1 tbsp arrowroot starch.
Keywords: oatmeal chocolate chip bars, healthy oatmeal chocolate chip bars, vegan oatmeal bars, oatmeal cookie bars