This healthy peanut butter cookie skillet is a lighter take on the classic peanut butter pizookie! Undetectably dairy free, vegan, and gluten free, you won’t stop at one spoonful!
- 1 1/2 cups 1-to-1 gluten free baking flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp vegan butter or coconut oil, softened to room temperature but still cold
- 1/2 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375F and grease a cast iron skillet or baking dish with coconut oil or olive oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the coconut sugar, applesauce, softened vegan butter or coconut oil, vanilla extract, and peanut butter using a hand mixer.
- Fold in wet ingredients into dry to create a thick dough.
- Fold in chocolate chips until evenly distributed throughout the peanut butter cookie dough, then pour the dough into the skillet.
- Spread it evenly around the edges and place the skillet in the oven to bake for 22-24 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool before slicing and serving with ice cream!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 258
- Sugar: 22
- Fat: 12
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 37
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 5
Keywords: peanut butter cookie skillet, healthy peanut butter cookie skillet, gluten free, dairy free, vegan, pizookie