Healthy Peanut Butter Cookie Skillet
This healthy peanut butter cookie skillet is a lighter take on the classic peanut butter pizookie! Undetectably dairy free, vegan, and gluten free, you won’t stop at one spoonful!
- Author: thebananadiaries
- Prep Time: 7
- Cook Time: 22
- Total Time: 29 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/2 cups 1-to-1 gluten free baking flour, all purpose flour, oat flour, or cassava flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp vegan butter or coconut oil, softened to room temperature but still cold
- 1/2 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375F and grease a cast iron skillet or baking dish with coconut oil or olive oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the coconut sugar, applesauce, softened vegan butter or coconut oil, vanilla extract, and peanut butter using a hand mixer.
- Fold in wet ingredients into dry to create a thick dough.
- Fold in chocolate chips until evenly distributed throughout the peanut butter cookie dough, then pour the dough into the skillet.
- Spread it evenly around the edges and place the skillet in the oven to bake for 22-24 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool before slicing and serving with ice cream!
Keywords: peanut butter skillet cookie, healthy peanut butter skillet cookie, cast iron skillet cookie, vegan peanut butter cookies, vegan cast iron cookie